- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 pint whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces bourbon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 egg whites*
* Raw Eggs
Food Network Kitchens suggest caution in consuming raw and lightly cooked eggs due to the slight risk of salmonella or other food-borne illness. To reduce this risk, we recommend you use only fresh, properly refrigerated, clean grade A or AA eggs with intact shells, and avoid contact between the yolks or whites and the shell.
- 12 jumbo eggs
- 5 cups 2 percent milk
- 2 cups Equal® Granular sweetener (Spoonful) or 48 packets Equal sweetener or sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- 3 cups spiced rum (optional)
- Whisk eggs and milk in large heavy saucepan.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture coats a metal spoon.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Remove from heat
- Place pan in a large bowl of ice water and stir frequently 5 minutes.
- Stir in Equal(sugar), pumpkin, vanilla and ground cinnamon.
- Cover and chill eggnog mixture at least 2 hours before serving
- Garnish with ground nutmeg just before serving.
- Alcoholic Option: Add 3 cups spiced rum during step 3.